Attendance is the essential foundation to positive outcomes for all children. For our children to gain the greatest benefit from their education it is vital that they attend school regularly and punctually. Parents, carers and the school community share the responsibility for supporting and promoting excellent school attendance and punctuality for all.
We are required by law to keep accurate records of attendance and rates of absence are published each year. Registers are legal documents and are inspected by the School’s Education Welfare Officer.
If your child is ill, please phone the office (before 9:15am) to inform us. You can leave a message on our answering service. Please read our Attendance Policy for our school expectations and procedures for attendance and punctuality.
Opening and Closing Times
Wherever possible, please try to arrange any medical appointments outside of school hours. However, we understand that there are times when this may be not be possible. If your child needs to leave school during the day for an appointment or any other reason, the school must be informed. It may also be necessary to provide the school with the relevant documentation as proof of the appointment should this be requested.
Please ensure that your child is on time for school and collected promptly. If your child is late to school you must sign them in at the school office..
Please telephone the school immediately if you are going to be late collecting your child at home time. This is so we can make the relevant arrangements to supervise them and ensure they are safe. It is also reassuring for the child(ren) to know that you are okay and on your way to collect them.
Attendance matters… Every day counts.
At Holt VC Primary School we believe that good attendance is based on a strong partnership between school, parents and the child. This includes clear communication with our families regarding our expectations of what is required to secure excellent attendance for pupils at our school. We are committed to meeting our obligations with regards to school attendance and we will:
- Ensure every pupil has access to the full-time education to which they are entitled
- Promote high levels of attendance through our newsletters and via our school website
- Promote good attendance to reduce absence, including persistent absence
- Include attendance information in school reports about your child’s performance in school and how any absence may be affecting their attainment
- Act early to address any patterns of absence
- Support parents and carers to perform their legal duty to ensure their children of compulsory school age attend regularly
- Work with you and your child to achieve maximum attendance
Be an attendance HERO: Here, Everyday, Ready and On time.
- The children to arrive at school every day on time
- Parents and carers to work with the school to ensure that their child attends regularly
- Parents and carers to contact the school and share any factors that may be affecting their ability to get their child to school on time, or attending regularly